Due to the success of our May event, “Obtaining a Brownfields: Why You May be Closer Than You Think”, the Cherrytree Group is proud to host a second event in Springfield, MA to accommodate Western Massachusetts-based LSPs and environmental professionals. The event will feature a panel of guest speakers including: Kerry Bowie, Director of Brownfields and Environmental Justice at the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), Richard Cote, P.E., LSP, Principal, Manager at Comprehensive Environmental Inc, and Warren Kirshenbaum, President, Cherrytree Group. The event is intended to educate LSPs and those in the environmental community on the specifics of what a Brownfields site actually is; how to obtain and monetize Brownfields Tax Credits; and how these credits help foster community redevelopment.
Below are the top 5 reasons to attend the Springfield Brownfields Event:
- Networking: The program will begin with a full breakfast and networking session where attendees will have the chance to meet and mingle with a variety of environmental professionals, including LSPs, environmental attorneys, developers, government and municipal employees, and more.
- LSP credits: LSPs may choose to attend the event for 2.0 hours of continuing education credit awarded from the LSP Board. All other attendees may register for free.
- Learn about Brownfields from several perspectives: Our diverse group of speakers will offer their perspectives on the MA Brownfields Program. Kerry will discuss the program from his internal perspective. Richard Cote will discuss how the Brownfields program is used in practice as an LSP. Finally, Warren Kirshenbaum will discuss how the Massachusetts Brownfields Tax Credit can be obtained and monetized.
- Exposure to DEP and ability to ask questions: Kerry Bowie from the Massachusetts Department of Revenue will be a speaker and will share his professional knowledge of the intricacies of the Massachusetts Brownfields Program. At the end of the event, there will be a dedicated question and answer time to ask him (and the other speakers) any questions that arose during the presentation.
- Add to your menu of services: As an LSP (or other environmental professional), being comfortable with the Brownfields Tax Credit is a valuable tool that you can add to your menu of services, and could be the difference in securing future clients, or aiding current clients with their billable obligations. This conference will provide you with the information and connections to start offering your clients this service.
The event will take place on October 14th, 2014 from 7:30-11:00AM at the Springfield Sheraton Hotel.
For more information on the event, and to register please click here.
We hope to see you there!